Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Colorado, the best state in all the USA

Picture this:
I am sitting in my living room alone, finishing a drawing of a teapot and utensil jar. It is about 10:30 p.m. Cliff has taken the girls to his mom's for the weekend so I can get a break. Since it is only 9:30 p.m. in Colorado, I decide to take a break from my masterpiece and call my sis. We talk for a while and realize that we are both going to be alone for the weekend since her husband is going out of town for a week. This spirals into us searching for plane tickets for me to come visit her for the weekend. I call Cliff to see how he is and I casually mention that I was thinking of visiting my sis, to which he did not seem too excited (maybe just because he was really tired). So when on the phone with him, I decide I shouldn't be so hasty and I should just stay home.
I call my sis back who in the mean time had found a flight leaving at 6:35 a.m. Saturday. I immediately tell her to book it, and say "I will see you in 7 hours!!"
WOOOHOOOOOO!
I finished my drawing and got online to turn it in. I did a load of laundry so I would have some clothes to wear. I packed all my stuff and my laptop and quadruple checked that I had the little thingy that lets me connect to the Internet wherever I am. I finally fell asleep at 2 a.m. and set my alarm for 3:15 a.m. so that I could leave for the airport by 3:45. Are you thinking I am crazy yet??
So the one hour of sleep caught up with me on the plane, but I couldn't sleep because of the loud BEEP of the seatbelt sign on the plane kept going off.
I get to Colorado and get a burst of energy since I am finally there and can see my sister. We wait at the wrong baggage claim like dummies. No, I did not fly in from San Antonio, I flew in from Austin, and we are standing at the baggage claim for the San Antonio flight forever, all the while making fun of all the stupid people from my flight who I can see clearly waiting at the wrong baggage claim. I only realize that we are actually the ones waiting at the wrong baggage claim after I go to the office to angrily tell them they lost my luggage. Lets just blame this on only getting that one hour of sleep (and maybe the smelly guy I had to sit next to on the plane).
OKAY, so I was actually in Colorado and my sis and I were really excited to see each other. She had a lot of things to show me, but first stop was Chickfila so I could get a sausage biscuit (yessssssssssss). I also decided to call Cliff again and let him know I was in Colorado since by the time we bought the ticket the night before, he had already gone to bed. I thought it would be nice to let him know I had left the state!
We had an awesome weekend. I got to see all the beautiful mountains of Colorado, which dont even look real, by the way. They look far too gorgeous to be real.
She took me to the hippie downtown Boulder and the yuppy (sp?) downtown Denver. Both were awesome.
We ate out at every meal, having some wontons with questionably-shaped pork inside and some weird (aka gross) Mexican meat on top of giant tortilla chips.
We shopped at little boutiques and I bought 2 dresses, mostly because my sis is the WORST to shop with. She makes you buy everything you see!
It was an awesome weekend, and even though I only stayed Saturday through Tuesday, it seemed longer than that! It was awesome to see my sister, it was awesome to be in Colorado for the first time, and it was especially awesome that neither of us had a hubby or children with us!! As much as we love them, it is so nice to have some alone sister time.
So, hopefully within the next 2 years we will be able to move there too, because I miss my sister WAAAAYYYYY too much!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Colorado is addicting. It just kidnapped two of our other friends and their kiddos as well. I saw your pics on facebook and it looks gorgeous. I'm glad you had so much fun!